Sensory and /or Physical Needs
My child has sensory and/or physical needs.
This section covers students who have difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination
- Fine motor co-ordination
- Self-organisation for daily living
- This includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, Developmental Coordination Disorder (dyspraxia)
What does Barnhill Community High offer?
Support for targeted groups or individual support of students may include
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice)
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- Amplification of sound for aid users where required.
- School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
- Access to homework support clubs.
- Reading Intervention programmes.
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
- Personalised support plans.
- Medical Care Plan
- 1:1 Outside Agency support from appropriate professional.
- Individual handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources.
- Access to assistive technology, software, audio digital books and IPod applications.
- Targeted TA support for complex medical needs, including practical support.
- Exam Access Arrangements.