Sensory and /or Physical Needs

Sensory and /or Physical Needs

My child has sensory and/or physical needs.

This section covers students who have difficulties with:

  • Vision
  • Hearing
  • Gross motor co-ordination
  • Fine motor co-ordination
  • Self-organisation for daily living
  • This includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, Developmental Coordination Disorder (dyspraxia)

What does Barnhill Community High offer?

Support for targeted groups or individual support of students may include

  • Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice)
  • Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
  • Amplification of sound for aid users where required.
  • School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
  • Access to homework support clubs.
  • Reading Intervention programmes.
  • Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
  • Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
  • Personalised support plans.
  • Medical Care Plan
  • 1:1 Outside Agency support from appropriate professional.
  • Individual handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
  • Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources.
  • Access to assistive technology, software, audio digital books and IPod applications.
  • Targeted TA support for complex medical needs, including practical support.
  • Exam Access Arrangements.