Tips to help your child with their homework
- Encourage your child to explain homework tasks to you. Discussing often helps to focus the mind
- Reward your child for successfully completing homework tasks
- Try to provide your child with a suitable place and the right equipment to do his/her homework
- If your child is preparing for a test or exam, help by testing him/her on the key facts
- Help with spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Take an interest in what your child is learning about
- Encourage your child to read out loud to you. Reading skills are essential to learning
- Take an interest in how well he/she did in previous homeworks. Praise all praiseworthy efforts!
- Help your child to find out information from books, internet etc.
Be careful not to do the work for him/her!