Learning and Literacy
My child has difficulties with learning and literacy.
This can include:
- Reading and spelling
- Learning new information and concepts
- Working with numbers
- Working memory
- Students may have conditions such as Specific Learning Difficulties (dyslexia), general learning difficulties, ADHD, Fragile X, Down syndrome
- Students may present with difficulties that do not have a specific title
What can Barnhill offer?
Support for targeted groups or individual support of students may include
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice).
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- Access to homework support clubs.
- Reading Interventions via teaching assistants.
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
- Where needed, help from an external agency (e.g. Educational Psychologist).
- Regular testing for students with literacy difficulties to review and plan.
- Subject-specialist teaching assistants in key subjects to provide on-going support.
- External agency advice where needed.
- Exam Access Arrangements.
- Post-16 transition support.