Social, Emotional and Mental Health
My Child has difficulties with social, emotional health or mental health.
This section includes all those young people who experience short but significant periods of high anxiety, stress, distress or anger that affect their education.
It also includes young people who have a range of longer-term recognised mental health conditions.
For both groups, issues can include:
- Forming and maintaining relationships
- Attitudes to attainment
- Life outside school
What can Barnhill Community High offer?
Support for targeted groups or individual support of students may include
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEND practice)
- In-class support in some lessons.
- Breakfast club.
- Lunchtime Social Club for vulnerable students
- Outside agency input from e.g. Educational Psychologist, CAMHS
- Pastoral Team – Pastoral Support Plans
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Whole school Central Reward System.
- Whole school policy for behaviour management with graduated response.
- Key Stage transition support.
- Anti-bullying policy.
- Referral to the School Counsellor.
- Year 11 support with college applications and career paths.