Special educational need or disability?

What should I do if I think my child may have a special educational need or disability?

Who can I contact for further information?

  • If you are concerned about your child’s abilities, the school will listen to your concerns, discuss them with you and agree on a plan that might only need light monitoring or might require assessment by specialist staff or external agencies.
  • You can contact the school by phone, letter, e-mail or fax (please see contact details on the home page of the school website).
  • It will be OK to contact the school through a family friend or professional translator if you feel more comfortable using a language other than English
  • If your child is still at primary school, talk to your child’s teacher there who can help you look at any issues and make links with Barnhill Community High to help prepare for the next year.